Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Thank goodness it's Wednesday (again!)  The week is on the down swing toward the weekend!  Last night, my hubby and I took the kids to see Taken 3.  It was a pretty good movie.  It started off kind of slow, but you have to build the story I guess.  Then off to Applebee's for Appetizers for Dinner!  I love doing that. You get good food and it's cheaper than buying dinner for sure.  Especially when the husband doesn't get beer!!

Today, I wanted to share with you the beginning of the remodel on the side porch.  For years it was the kid's playroom, but since they are (almost) 16 and 13, hubby decided to make it a bar.  Well, the room had a ton of water damage and we had to rip it the majority of it out.  It was a mess.

The roof in the corner where the window was, was so rotten, we had to tear it down.  We ended up not being able to use two of the windows we had out there.


The light shining through was where our friend who was helping fell through!!  Thank goodness he didn't fall all the way!  That would've sucked!


Here is the roof torn down.


New framing.


New framing from the outside.


What a mess this was.....look at all that crap on the ground!  



WE HAVE WALLS!!


FINALLY!  The room is starting to come together and my husband, who can be really creative and inventive, decided to use cedar shakes on the INSIDE of the room.  It is going to look really nice when it's done.  He is using pallet wood for the ceiling and when he builds his bar, he is planning on using the corrugated metal to face it.


It is a very long process when you can only do the work on the weekends.  We haven't been able to use the room for years due to the water damage and since I usually have the holidays at my house, it will be nice to have some extra places for people to go since my little cape cod home is so tiny!

Will post updates of this project as they become available.  I keep telling my husband we have a pool at work going on whether or not this project will actually be finished.  Don't all men start things and then never finish them?  Or is it just mine?  Haha.  Thanks for hanging with me this afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment