Thursday, January 8, 2015

Changes at HOME

Thank goodness it's Thursday.  But I still have to wait until January 29th for my favorite shows to come back!!  Loving How to Get Away with Murder.....

My love and I have been busy for the past year or so trying to redecorate our house.  I've been wanting to get away from the "country" feel for a while now.  I loved it while I had it, but just didn't want my house to look that way anymore.  I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted but my very smart daughter said to me one day, "What would your dream house look like?  Why don't you decorate it like that?"  And I thought, Wow, for 15 years old, what a brilliant thing to say.  I was going back and forth with myself not exactly sure which direction I wanted to head and she helped me make the decision.  I want a shore house, not filled with "cliche" beach items (some of course) but not overwhelmingly so.  Here are a few of the "before" pictures of my house.

 My mess of a dining room before being painted but after spackling!  You can see how "country" it sort of was, I wish I would have taken pictures before taking all the decorations down.
 Living room, that is my in-law's old golden retriever, Honey, on the floor.  
This is the fireplace that my husband built (and never finished) and the brick wall that I painted over top of it.  I loved it when I did it and it looked really good, but I was just over the colors and wanted something different.  

So, here are just a few pictures of the "after".....
 The corner of my dining room (I painted the picture on the wall).  Still needs to have some work done....
 The living room.  We got this great Hemnes Entertainment Center from Ikea (LOVE Ikea!).  Anyway, I still need to get the other two pieces for it, but when you have to save up for them, you buy one piece at a time.
 Here is the fireplace finished!!  I love it white and as you can see, I am addicted to blue.
This is just a little vignette on one of the shelves.  The plate was my great-grandmother's plate.  I only have a few of them and they are very precious to me because they remind me of her.  The bottles were from Michael's and the Coral from Homegoods.  I have a lot more to post but will do that another day.  I hope you have enjoyed some of the tour of my living and dining rooms!  

No comments:

Post a Comment