Sunday, January 25, 2015

Super Bowl Sunday Wings!!

Football is not my sport but my husband is a huge football fan.  He said this year, though, he is not excited about the Super Bowl because he doesn't really like either team.  Tom Brady is nice to look at, but that is about all I know about either team.....of course, now that I've heard all the jokes and stuff about "Deflate Gate" (which I think is ridiculous), I do know a little bit more about the Patriots.  Still don't care though!!

So today, I thought I would share with you my Wing Recipe.  We make these all the time and my sauce is often requested when we make wings with our friends.  I just happened to make it one day after throwing a few items into a pan, but I have the measurements down PAT (ha, see what I did there?) LOL!

 First, you want to cut the wings in half, separate the "wing" section from the drumstick section.  You can leave them whole, but they are easier to eat this way.
 Ours were still partially frozen so we ran them under some warm water to thaw them a little bit.  
After you have split the wings, put them in a ziploc bag with some flour and shake to coat.  We deep fry them at 350 until they float to the top.  Keep an eye on the color, too, because you don't want them getting too dark.  Now, for the sauce....

Gather your ingredients.  Only four, but oh so yummy!!

 Melt the butter in a saucepan....(One whole stick)
I sometimes will use Smart Balance, only because it's the spread
I always have in my fridge.  I don't always have butter unless it's
on sale....and lately that doesn't happen too often.
 Add in the garlic.....
 Add in the hot sauce.....
 Add in the brown sugar....
 Simmer for a few minutes and stir to completely combine.  You can use a whisk to keep the
butter combined with the other ingredients.  It does start to separate after a little while.  
 These are wings for my daughter that we have
sprinkled with Montreal Chicken seasoning.  
She is very picky and doesn't like the wing sauce.  But then again,
she doesn't like much of anything....

This is the saucy yumminess coating the wings.  OH SO GOOD!!

Here is the recipe!

Wing Preparation:
  1. Cut the wings in half, separating the drumstick from the "wing"
  2. Shake in a bag full of flour to coat.
  3. Fry at 350 until done
Sauce Recipe:
  1. Melt one stick of butter (or whatever margarine you have - it does NOT change the flavor)
  2. Add 2 teaspoons of garlic (I use jarred garlic in olive oil)
  3. Add in 1/2 cup of hot sauce (Franks, etc.)
  4. Add in 1/2 cup of brown sugar
Stir to combine and simmer for a few minutes.  Spoon or pour sauce over wings and serve.  My husband adds additional hot sauce, but I don't do spicy, so these are perfect for me!

So, what are YOU doing for Super Bowl?   
Leave a comment below and let me 
know if you try the wings!!

This week, I'll share what project I have going on for this space.....




No comments:

Post a Comment