Sunday, January 18, 2015

Busy, Busy Weekend!

Everyone's favorite days of the week are Saturday and Sunday (unless you work in retail or the service industry lol) and some of those weekends are so busy they go by in a blur.  This one was exceptionally quick because we had such a great time on Saturday.  The gang from the campground always gets together in the middle of winter and Saturday was the day!  Always a great time hanging out with them....There are 12 of us in that group!  

Then, my awesome husband took me to Ikea!!  We usually go to the one in South Philly because it's right over the Walt Whitman and much closer to me, but because we were up near Plymouth Meeting, we went to the Ikea in Conshohocken.  It is not as nice as the one in South Philly. There were hardly any rooms decorated and it was much smaller.  There were quite a few areas where curtains were up and new rooms were being added, but I think they were doing too many at one time.  It felt like there was nothing to see.  I was disappointed and I am NEVER disappointed when I go to Ikea.  

The whole reason we went there was the get the other pieces to my entertainment center.  Hemnes has a beautiful unit and we needed the other set of shelves and the wall bridge.  The wall bridge was out of stock so I have to go again next week (hahaha!)  Here are some of the pictures we took (and I'll take more next week when I go).  

This grey couch looks so very comfy doesn't it?  I love the rug, too.


I took this one because I really like that light.  It's just paper, so you could probably even make it yourself.  It would save you $50!  I also loved the picture on the wall, it felt like you could walk right over that bridge.  



This office space was awesome.  I have shelves on the wall in my office but it doesn't look as nice as that.


One of the very few bedrooms that we saw.  I was pretty bummed that there were no kitchens on display.  I love trying to slam those drawers shut because you CAN'T slam them!


I did really LOVE this picture so I had to take a photo to share with you.


Another bedroom and a living room.  I did really like that lamp in the living room.


Now, comes the best part of the entire trip.  This adorable table and chairs in this little dining room set-up with pink bowls.  PINK BOWLS!  They were so cute.  Now the next picture has to be my absolute favorite thing I saw all day......



LOOK HOW CUTE THIS IS!!  I just loved everything about this, the wallpaper, the cabinets, the dish rack on the wall, all of it!!  TOO CUTE!  It feels like a little farmhouse, doesn't it?


AND Finally.....Pat (my husband) got the second set of shelves all put together and then realized he had reversed the top piece in the back with the front piece on the bottom.  Needless to say he wasn't very happy that he practically had to take it all apart but it still looks fantastic.  The baskets on the bottom shelves are also from Ikea.  I can't wait to get the wall bridge to complete the look.  It only took me almost a year to get him to go back to get that set of shelves!!


My plan today was to go to Home Goods to buy more decorations for my shelves, but it was a freezing rain/pouring rain kinda day and there was NO way I was going out in that!  Maybe next weekend!!

Leave me a comment below if you love Ikea as much as I do!  What is your favorite piece?

No comments:

Post a Comment