Monday, January 12, 2015

Hello all you Monday lovers!  I can't stand Mondays.  They are definitely NOT my favorite day of the week.....I thought I would post a few more pictures that I found of the updates I continue to make on my house.  Here are a few I forgot to post before, of a burgundy cabinet that I painted white.  I bought it at an Amish furniture store in Lancaster Pennsylvania years ago (still smells like the candles they stored in it).  I loved it when my house was country, but now that it is "cottage-y" I painted it.  Here is the before...... (hubby is in the background spackling, getting ready to paint)

Here is the "during"....
(with hubby relaxing in his comfy chair in the background while I work, LOL)


Here is the after.  I have since put the black hinges back on and it looks really pretty.


This is a little vignette I put together for the top of my cabinet.  The lamp is an old one that I had that I covered with some sisal rope from home depot.  I burned myself quite a few times with the old glue gun and it was time consuming, but I didn't have to buy a new lamp for it to fit in with my new decor.  Gotta love reusing items around the house.  The driftwood was collected from the beach and left out to dry in the sun.  You know how I have an affinity for driftwood.  I don't know why, I just do.



Tomorrow, I will post all about my coffee bar!  I am in love with them right now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment